Friday, November 20, 2009

to ds or not to ds

Last Christmas we gave my daughter the Leapster 2. Actually, I had bought her the Didj. It was the package from Target that came with a special Star Wars game. She opened it when we tried to start it up something was wrong. I can’t even remember now. Anyway, we took it back to Target to exchange it. In the toy aisle my daughter found the Leapster 2 and it also came with a Star Wars game and she chose that instead. I did like the math games but she’s always been slightly annoyed at having her Star Wars laser fights interrupted by math questions. I really thought we would get more than a year’s worth of play out of that toy but a couple of months ago the touch screen stopped working and I couldn’t figure it out. Finally, last week, I discovered a blog that shows me how to recalibrate the Leapster 2 touchscreen and viola! It works again. Too bad, she’s already lost interest. Now I have to decide... do I buy a new game for the Leapster 2 or do I give in and get her a nintendods this Christmas? Then I would get the ds games, super mario, ds lite... There’s no end, is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment